Wow, last post was about RTM of VS2010! Where have I been? Well, I got married, moved across the country (from NYC to SEA) and had two baby boys (ages 2.5yrs and 2mos). So you’ll have to forgive me for the lack of blogging. 😉
I’m still working at Mimeo with all the latest and greatest Microsoft tech and am looking forward to getting back into writing about it and sharing my experiences. In the interim I’ve been fulfilling my love of problem solving and knowledge sharing by answering questions over on StackOverflow.
Tech wise, most recently I’ve been doing a lot of work with:
- ASP.NET WebAPI – the best framework if you’re building HTTP/REST based services in today’s day and age (and who isn’t?)
- Task Parallel Library (TPL) – so much more pleasant with async/await in 4.5!
- TPL Dataflow – awesome library for asynchronous processing
- Windows Azure – storage, compute, service bus, the whole nine yards
- Reactive Extensions (Rx) – just scratching the surface with this now and am at all times in awe of anything @xpaulbettsx ever writes with it
I plan to try and carve out time at least one day a week to sit down and write a post or two. In this day and age of low signal to noise I’m not even sure if it will be as worthwhile as it used to be, but at least I’ll enjoy it. 🙂